DIY Solutions for Orbi Satellites Connected But No Internet Issue
With the advancement of technology, everyone has become habituated to a seamless internet connection and regular connectivity. Netgear is one of the most well-known manufacturers to provide devices which offer high-speed internet, home security, and much more. One such device is Orbi. An Orbi consists of two parts: router + satellite. If even one of these components stop working, using an Orbi becomes next to impossible thereby putting a halt to staying online.
This brings us to the main agenda of this blog post, i.e. users have been experiencing the Orbi satellites connected but no internet issue. This issue has started troubling them right after the completion of the Orbi setup via orbilogin.com process. Are you too facing the same issue? Well, it could be due to these reasons:
- The distance between the Netgear Orbi router and the satellites is way too much.
- The Orbi devices have not been synced properly.
- The firmware of the Orbi satellite is not updated to the latest version.
Whatever the reason might be, the good thing is that resolving the Orbi satellites connected but no internet issue is possible. For that, you ought to read the troubleshooting solutions outlined as well as explained in the next segment of this blog post.
How to Fix Orbi Satellites Connected But No Internet Issue?
1. Reboot the Orbi Router and Satellite
The easiest method to resolve the Orbi satellites connected but no internet issue is to reboot the Netgear Orbi router or the satellite. In order to do so, here are the instructions you ought to go through:
- Locate the power button on the Orbi router and then the satellite.
- Press the button one after the other and wait for some time.
- Once you have given enough time to the devices to rest, turn them on.
- The same can be done if you make use of the same button which you did before.
Now, check if the Orbi satellites connected but no internet issue has been resolved or not. In case it has not, then you can take the help of the following fix. For your information, rebooting the device can also fix the Orbi router firmware update failed issue.
2. Sync the Netgear Orbi Devices Again
In order to gain access to the internet provided by your Netgear Orbi, it is important that the router as well as the satellite is synced properly. In case, they are not, then you ought to re-sync them with the aid of these instructions:
- Find the button named sync on the Orbi router.
- Press it and hold on.
- Once done, repeat the same on the Orbi satellite.
- Soon the LED light on both devices will become stable.
In case the LED does not become solid, it is recommended that you attempt to connect the devices again. Perhaps, you did not given enough time to the process to get finished. Remember the mistake you committed while re-syncing the devices the second time.
3. Reset the Netgear Orbi Satellite
In case the Orbi satellites connected but there is no internet issue persists, waste no more time to reset the satellite in use. The reason being, this is the last resort through which the issue at hand can be thought of getting rid of. Here is how to reset the device:
- Look at the side or front panel of your Orbi satellite.
- When you find the reset button, press it but using an oil pin.
- You can also use a paper clip for the same purpose.
- Only leave the button after pressing it for 30 seconds.
As soon as you have reset your networking device, let it reboot. Avoid creating any interference during the process like do not turn off the satellite, do not unplug it, or give rise to similar hurdles in the Orbi factory reset process.
Were you careful while reading the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above? Yes? Well then, nothing will be able to stop you from fixing the Orbi satellites connected but no internet issue in a hassle-free manner. By any chance, in case the same issue is after your life, then you should consider getting the satellite replaced.