Does Orbi RBR850 Keep Rebooting After Firmware Upgrade?
Does your Orbi RBR850 keeps rebooting after updating its firmware V18.104.22.168_5.0.20? It could be due to many reasons. But, discussing them will consume time. Thus, to ensure that the problem gets resolved in the least time possible, it is recommended that you straight away get down to the troubleshooting solutions. For that, you ought to continue reading.
How to Stop Orbi RBR850 from Rebooting?
1. Upgrade the Firmware Again
There is a very high possibility that you did not upgrade the firmware of your Netgear Orbi router. This failed the process thereby degrading the performance of your networking device, instead of updating it. To reverse the situation for yourself, it is suggested that you upgrade the Orbi router firmware. Here is how you can go about the process:
- Ensure that your mobile device is accessing the network of RBR850.
- Once assured, launch the Netgear Orbi application on the device.
- In the given fields, enter the router login password of your wireless router.
- Tap the SIGN IN button.
- Soon a dashboard will come into view.
- Got to the top-left corner, and select the MENU icon.
- Select SETTINGS > ROUTER SETTINGS.
- Next, CHECK FOR UPDATES and if a new firmware is available, click UPDATE.
After you are done following these instructions, it is recommended that you give your Netgear Orbi RBR850 device some time to get updated. Do not interrupt the process by disconnecting the networking device from its wall socket.
2. Reboot the Netgear Orbi RBR850
Sometimes, the existence of technical glitches is enough to cause issues like the one you are experiencing. Worry not. You are not the one to be blamed in this case as these glitches come uninvited. However, what matters is how they are eliminated. The only way to do is to reboot the Netgear Orbi RBR850 router. You can reboot by giving these steps a read:
- Turn off the power supply of the router.
- Wait for some time.
- To be specific, wait for more than 1 MINUTE.
- Once done, plug the networking device back into its wall socket.
- Let the LED light on the Orbi become solid.
- It is suggested that you reboot your device again if the light does not become solid.
In case power cycling the Netgear Orbi router does not help you out, it is recommended that you reboot the entire network. In other words, along with the router, reboot the modem, satellite, and even the client device.
3. Perform an Orbi Factory Reset
Despite all the efforts you have made so far, are you still experiencing the Netgear Orbi RBR850 keeps rebooting after firmware upgrade issue? Well then, your last resort is to reset or restore your networking device to the factory default settings. Worry not. The Orbi factory reset process is not that hard to execute. Still, for your help, we have given these steps:
- Find the location of the RESET button on the Orbi router.
- When you find it, press it with an oil pin.
- You can also use a paper clip if you want.
- Make sure that you hold the pin in place for about 10 SECONDS.
- Once done, release the button and let the networking device reboot.
As soon as the reset process comes to an end, set up the Netgear Orbi RBR850 router using any method which you prefer: whether it is by accessing orbilogin.com or using the Orbi application. In case you are not certain about how the process can be executed, why don’t you take the help of the tips mentioned in the user manual which you got when you purchased the Orbi.
The Bottom Line
Were you careful while reading the information given above? Nodding your head in yes? Well then, nothing would be able to stop you now from fixing the Netgear Orbi RBR850 keeps rebooting after firmware update issue.
Would you like to become aware of similar troubleshooting ways through which Orbi related issues can be fixed? Well then, do visit this website often. Here, you will find everything that you know, starting from the latest features to the best ways to fix issues.