Don’t Know How to Sync Orbi Satellite to Router? Try This!
So, you have purchased a Netgear Orbi system to have a seamless internet connection throughout the home. Orbi, the WiFi mesh system by Netgear is an awesome device that has become popular among netizens due to the high-level performance that it provides. It consists of more than one device known as a router and satellites.
The main device i.e. router connects to the modem and the other devices (satellites) connect to the router. To get the satellites connected to the router, you need to sync them. This very guide will help you learn how to sync Orbi satellite to the Orbi router in easy steps. Let us begin without any further delay.
How to Sync Orbi Satellite to Orbi Router?
While you are setting up the Netgear Orbi, you make the connection between the devices. The router is connected to the modem and the satellites are connected to the router. Let us tell you how you can do this:
- Place the Orbi router near the modem or the DSL gateway.
- Also, place the Orbi satellites near the router.
- Use a LAN cable and connect the router to the modem.
- Plug the power cable of the Orbi router and turn it on.
- Do the same with the Orbi satellites.
- Now, connect your PC or mobile phone to the Orbi’s network.
- Run a browser on your PC or launch the Orbi app on the phone.
- Use orbilogin.com to access the Orbi setup page.
- You will see setup prompts on your screen.
- As you keep executing the setup instructions on your PC or phone, the Orbi satellites connect to the router.
In case the Orbi satellite does not connect automatically to the router during the setup process using Orbilogin, then you also have the option to do it manually.
The next section talks about how to sync Orbi satellite to the Orbi router manually.
Sync Orbi Satellite to Router Manually
The Orbi devices establish a connection with each other automatically. If they do not connect, you should manually get them synced using the steps given below:
- Commence the syncing process by placing the Orbi devices close to each other so that they can have smooth signal transmission.
- Next, plug the devices into the wall outlets and turn them on.
- The LED on the Orbi satellite will pulse white while it reboots and once it is powered up and fully booted up, you will see a solid white light on it. A solid white light on the Orbi satellite is an indication that it is ready to be synced to the router.
- Now, locate and gently push the Sync button located on the backside of the Orbi satellite.
- Likewise, you should push the Sync button located on the Orbi router. Do this within two minutes of the previous step. Don’t delay more than that.
- The Orbi satellite and router syncing process will begin.
- The bottom LED will be white during the syncing process.
- The LED color will help you know about the connection status of the devices now. Here’s how
|Orbi Satellite LED Color||Meaning|
|Blue||The bottom LED turns blue, which means the Orbi devices are synced successfully with a very good signal strength.|
|Amber||Amber color implies that the devices are synced, however, the connection is fair and not very good.|
|Magenta||If you see your Orbi satellite showing a magenta color, then know that the Orbi satellite is not synced with the router.|
In case you see an amber or magenta color, you should consider moving the Orbi satellite closer to the router and then try syncing them once again using the same process as given above.
Summing Things Up
This blog post covered entire information on how to sync Orbi satellite to the Orbi router. You’ve learned about connecting the devices automatically and also how to sync them manually. Now that the devices are synced, you can relocate the Orbi satellite to other parts of the home, where you wish to get WiFi signals. However, bear in mind the satellite still needs to sit within the network range of the Orbi router. So, choose an appropriate location that lies within the boundary line of the Netgear Orbi router.