How to Connect Piso WiFi to Orbi Router?
Piso WiFi is a mini internet café that allows users to use WiFi by inserting coins. Users can use temporary internet connection on the go without having to take expensive internet plans. It is a small vending machine that uses an internet connection to operate. So, you need to first connect it to a WiFi router or access point. Let us tell you how to connect Piso WiFi to Orbi router. This blog post will help you understand the connection and provide you with easy to understand instructions to get the connection established. Let’s begin.
Let’s Connect Piso WiFi to Orbi Router!
Netgear Orbi is a mesh WiFi system. You can use its router as an access point for Piso WiFi. You should first configure the Orbi router and then connect it to Piso WiFi. To begin using the Orbi router as an access point for Piso WiFi, you need to set up Orbi in the Access Point mode. There are two cases here, one is that the Orbi is already set up and the second one is that you’re setting it up for the first time.
Case 1: Already Setup Orbi
In case your Orbi is already set up, you simply need to perform the Orbi login, go to settings and change operating mode.
How to Change Mode on Orbi Router?
Here are the steps to change mode on your Orbi router:
- Take an Ethernet cable (we recommend CAT6) and use it to join the LAN port on the modem to the Internet Port on the Orbi router.
- Verify the power connection and ensure that the router and modem are receiving an uninterrupted power connection.
- Get your computer or phone connected to Orbi’s network.
- Run a browser or open the Orbi app.
- On the browser, use IP 192.168.1.1 or URL orbilogin.net to go to the login page.
- Use admin details to log in.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Next, select Advanced > AP mode.
- On the AP mode page, click the radio button next to the AP mode option.
- Select an IP setting according to your requirements and click or tap Apply
Your Orbi router is running in AP mode.
Case 2: Setup Orbi for the First Time
In case this is the first time set up of your Netgear Orbi, then you need to follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
You need to assign a network name or SSID and password to Orbi. You can use any name like “Piso WiFi-AP” or anything else that you like. Save the settings. Now, connect your computer to the Orbi router by using the newly assigned name. Next, execute the setup prompts and you are done.
Whether your Orbi was already set up or it is the first time set up, there are a few changes in its settings that you need to do now.
Disable DHCP Server on Orbi
By default the Orbi router acts as DHCP server. It sets IP addresses, default gateways etc. to the connected devices. By disabling it, you can use other device, which is Piso WiFi as the DHCP server. You should disable DHCP server on your Orbi by following the steps given below:
- Log in to your Orbi using admin credentials on a device connected to its network.
- Go to Advanced tab.
- Click Setup > LAN Setup.
- Disable DHCP by unselecting the Enable option.
- Save the settings.
There you go! Now, connect your Orbi router to Piso WiFi usng a LAN cable. Orbi router is ready to be used as access point for Piso WiFi.
The Final Note
Your Piso WiFi vending machine is ready to be used. You can use these steps now:
- Connect to the new WiFi name that you assigned.
- Use 10.0.0.1 Piso WiFi IP on browser.
- Click insert money button.
- Pay the amount online or offline by inserting coin.
- Click Done Paying and begin using internet connection.
That’s it; you are connected to WiFi hotspot. Use the internet the way you desire.
Here we wrap up our post on how to connect Piso WiFi to Orbi router.