How to Fix Orbi Satellite Offline Issue: A Complete Guide
For uninterrupted WiFi signals, almost every 3rd user is opting for Netgear Orbi router. The device is known for covering zero WiFi areas to full internet services. So, if you want to access the internet in those areas where you have never expected WiFi before, straight away choose Netgear Orbi router. But, despite the fact, the Orbi router is prone to technical issues. And, one of the most common yet major issue that 99 percent of Orbi users face is the Orbi satellite offline issue.
If you are facing the same issue as well, then this blog post is really going to help you out. Here, we have provided some of the best fixes to troubleshoot the issue in discussion in a flash. Let’s get started!
Why Getting Orbi Satellite Offline Issue
Before you begin with the process of troubleshooting the issue, let’s have a quick nudge at the reasons highlighted below causing it. The reason is, knowing the actual cause behind getting any Orbi-related issue can make it much simpler for you to resolve it. Keep reading the post and don’t scroll away.
- Your Orbi satellite is prone to overheating and technical glitches. Maybe this can be the first and foremost reason behind getting Orbi satellite offline issue.
- Distance between Orbi and satellite can make them appear offline.
- The Orbi satellite’s firmware is outdated.
- Improper configuration of the device (s) also leads to the “offline” issue.
- Poor or lost internet connectivity.
- Bad location of your Orbi satellite can also be one of the topmost reasons causing the issue.
Enough about the reasons! Now, scroll down a little to get the fixes to troubleshoot the issue in blink of an eye.
Fix Orbi Satellite Offline Issue
Restart Your Orbi Satellite
This can be one of the most important fixes to deal with the issue. The reason is, being a networking device, your Orbi satellite is prone to give issue. That is the reason why we suggested to execute the restart process.And, trust us, the restarting/ power cycling process can be of great help.
To restart your Orbi router and satellite, here are the steps you can implement:
- Right off the bat, turn off your Orbi router and satellite.
- Turn off your internet modem as well.
- Thereafter, disconnect your Orbi satellite from your internet modem and other devices (if connected).
- Wait for a few minutes, approx 5 minutes.
- Power up your Orbi router, satellite, and your internet modem.
- Reconnect them via Ethernet cable. How? Just insert the cable’s one end into your Orbi router and second end into your internet modem.
In addition to that, Orbi router and satellite can be connected wirelessly as well. You just need to press the sync button on your Orbi and within a minute, apply the same process on your satellite.
We hope that after implementing all the steps listed above to power cycle/ restart your Orbi satellite in the exact given order, you are not experiencing the offline issue anymore.
Still the Same?
On the off chance, you are still baffling with the same issue, make sure that your Orbi router, satellite, and your internet modem are placed pretty closer.
Need More Help?
Check the wall socket into which your Orbi satellite is plugged in. It is a possibility that the socket is the culprit making your device(s) appear offline. All you have to do is to ensure that the power outlet(s) is well working and providing a steady power supply to your device(s).
We hope that after applying this step, the offline issue you are facing is now fixed.
Set Up Orbi Satellite in a Proper Manner
Improper configuration of Orbi satellites can make them appear offline. To boost up the performance of your device(s) and enjoy their uninterrupted internet connectivity to the fullest, make sure to set up your Orbi satellite in the best possible way.
Update Orbi Router’s and Satellite Firmware
Now that the offline issue you are facing with your Orbi router and satellite is fixed, we suggest you boost the performance of your devices (Orbi router and satellite) right away. Just log in to your device via orbilogin and get complete instructions to perform the firmware update process
The Bottom Line
Our how-to guide to troubleshoot Netgear Orbi satellite offline issue ends here. Here’s to hope that the troubleshooting tips and tricks we have listed here will prove helpful to you. Just in case, your head spins because of the same issue, we suggest you read and apply the tips provided above once again. This time, you will surely rack up success!