How to Reset Orbi to Factory Settings?
Unable to recall the Netgear Orbi login password? Trying to troubleshoot Orbi connectivity issues? Or maybe you are simply not happy with the current configurations of your Netgear Orbi WiFi mesh system. Any of these circumstances may force you to reset your Netgear Orbi to the factory settings. If you want to know how to reset Orbi, then this page is what you need right now.
But before resetting your device to the default settings, bear in mind that except for the forgotten login password, other issues may be fixed by a simple reboot process. But if even rebooting could not help and you are exhausted with every other troubleshooting process, then you may opt to reset your Orbi to the factory settings.
What Happens After You Reset Netgear Orbi
Considering you have used all other troubleshooting methods, you have decided to factory reset Orbi now, we want you to know what will happen after this process.
After you reset your Orbi, all the customized settings like SSID, password, parental controls, guest networks, DNS settings, etc will be erased. The Orbi will be as good as a new device. The factory settings will be restored on it. After resetting your device, you will need to perform the setup process from the very beginning to start accessing its WiFi again. Let us now tell you how to reset Orbi to restore factory settings on it.
How to Reset Orbi?
To reset Netgear Orbi to the factory settings, you can use any of the two methods that we have discussed ahead. The first method, also known as a hard reset method, is the easiest process. However, some users may find it difficult to perform so they prefer the other method which is also known as the soft reset method. It completely depends on you, which method you want to opt for.
Netgear Orbi Reset via Reset Button
- Get near your Netgear Orbi router and connect it to the power socket if it is not powered on.
- Immediately after the Netgear Orbi’s LEDs are stable, locate the button labeled Reset on it.
- Found? Push it gently to reset your Orbi.
Your Netgear Orbi is now running on the factory defaults. The customized settings have been erased from it. If you fail in executing this process then try the next method. Please know that the next method cannot be used if you have forgotten the login password. In that case, get in touch with our well-versed technical experts for help.
Netgear Orbi Reset via Web-based GUI
- Connect the Netgear Orbi power adapter to an active wall electrical outlet and turn the power button on.
- When the LEDs are solid, connect the Orbi router to the modem using an Ethernet cable or connect them wirelessly.
- Put your hands on a PC and turn it on.
- Fire up an internet browser that is running on the most recent version of the software.
- Visit orbilogin.net on the browser and log in using the admin credentials.
- When you reach the Netgear Orbi admin page, click on the Settings option.
- Now, select Other Settings and then click on the Reset button.
The current configuration settings have been deleted from Netgear Orbi now and the factory settings have been restored on it.
In a Nutshell
This is all about how to reset Orbi to the factory settings. You can now set up your Netgear Orbi from scratch and have access to its WiFi again. In case you fail to execute the reset process, then check the power supply to the Orbi. Check the power socket as well as the power adapter. Also, check the internet connection to the Orbi. If you still can’t complete the reset process, then make sure you are pressing the correct button on the Orbi router to reset it (in the hard reset method).
In case the issue seems adamant to get resolved or you want to know how to setup Netgear Orbi, then you always have the option to get in touch with our expert team. You can contact them at any point of day or night.