How to Set Up Orbi Mesh Network?
To enjoy uninterrupted and super-fast WiFi signals everywhere in your house, you need to set up an Orbi mesh network. But, 4 out of 5 users fail to set up the network in their homes. Considering you are amongst them, we have come up with this post. Here, you will give step-by-step instructions on how to set up the Orbi device mesh network in a jiffy. Keep reading!
Set up Orbi Mesh Network
- First things first, make sure that you have downloaded the Orbi app already. If you haven’t, do the needful and proceed.
- Soon after downloading the app, you have to create a Netgear account.
- Once you have created the account, you will be prompted to log in. And, after logging in to the Orbi app, you have to click the “Get Started” button.
- Scan the QR code on your Orbi WiFi mesh system and click Continue.
What happened? Unable to scan the QR code? No worries! Make sure that you have enabled the camera by clicking on Enable Camera and Scan after logging into Orbi.
Can we hope that you are now able to scan the code? If yes, then select the model number of your Orbi mesh WiFi system and click Continue.
Restart Your Modem
Now, you need to restart your internet modem. Yes, you read it absolutely right! Count on us and follow the steps highlighted below:
- First, you need to locate your modem and click Continue
- Within one minute, unplug your modem
- Click Continue
- Plug in your internet modem back. Wait for 10-20 seconds for the LEDs on your modem to become stable.
- Click Continue
Connect Your Orbi Mesh Network
- Take an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the cable to the internet port of your modem and the other end to your Orbi.
- Once you are done making a connection between your modem and Orbi, plug it in (Orbi) to a working power source using the power adapter that came along.
- Within two minutes, your Orbi device will boot up and its ring LED will pulse while and become solid white shortly. The process can take up to 4-5 minutes! So, remain calm!
- Now, plug your Orbi satellite (s) in the same room as your Orbi router taking the help of the power adapters.
Open the Orbi App
- Now, you need to open the Orbi app again (if you have closed it). And, on the Orbi app, click on Continue.
- The progress bar thus displays. It indicates that your Orbi mesh network is starting up.
Connect to Orbi’s Network
- You need to open the WiFi settings on your computer, laptop, or mobile device.
- Get connected to your default Orbi’s SSID (WiFi network name) using the correct password.
A quick tip: The WiFi password of your Orbi’s mesh system is labeled on its back or bottom panel.
- Once you connect your client device to your Orbi’s default SSID, click Continue on the Orbi app.
You Are Almost Done!
- The Orbi’s “Personalize your Settings” page displays.
- Click on Next.
- The Orbi’s “Create WiFi Network” page will be displayed.
Choose the Orbi’s SSID and Password from the displayed page and click Connect. You can use these credentials to connect your client devices to the Orbi’s network. And, you can change them afterward (recommended).
Log in to Orbi
- The “Set up Admin Login” page displays. Choose your Orbi device’s orbilogin details (admin name and password) and click Next. You can use these credentials to access the settings page of your Orbi.
Note: Choose a password totally different from the WiFi password of your Orbi device.
- Once you are done, click Next to access Orbi’s “Set up Security Question” page.
- Select and answer any two questions (recommended) and click Next. Your selected question will help you recover the orbilogin admin details if you forgot and lost them.
The Ball is2 in Your Court!
- By your client device, you have to allow all the suggested WiFi networks. After doing so, your device will be connected to the WiFi network of your Orbi device.
- Click Continue and allow your Orbi to check for the latest firmware updates. On the off chance, new firmware is available for your Orbi mesh system, click Update to install and then, click Next.
- Wait for the firmware to get installed and updated on your Orbi. It may take 5-10 minutes!
- Unplug your Orbi and satellite (s) and move it to your preferred location. The location you choose must be permanent. Bear in mind, if you keep changing the location again and again, you may lose its connectivity.
Congrats! Your Orbi mesh system is now set up! You can start using the internet the way you want.
To Sum Up
Our post on how to set up Orbi mesh network ends here! We really anticipate that the step-by-step instructions we have provided here will help you set up the mesh system of your Orbi device right from the comfort of your home.