Maximize Home Coverage with Netgear Orbi RBK353 System
Have you purchased a Netgear Orbi RBK353 mesh WiFi system but prior to setting it up, want to understand the device better? This guide will provide you with every minute detail related to the networking device you own, whether it is about LED light behavior, setup process, steps to log in, Orbi firmware update, and other related topics. Given this, you should not waste any more time reading on.
Netgear Orbi RBK353 LED Behavior
Router LED Status
|The Netgear Orbi RBK353 router is not connecting to internet.
|The Orbi device is going back to the default factory mode.
|The button to sync the devices is pressed.
|The device is functioning normally, nothing is wrong with it.
Power LED Status
|The firmware of Orbi RBK353 is corrupted.
|The Netgear Orbi is getting reset to the default factory mode.
|The device power is on.
|There is no power.
Netgear Orbi RBK353 Installation Procedure
1st Part: Hardware Setup
- Start the process by powering down the modem and wait for some time.
- Once you have waited enough, power it up.
- Find a wall socket in your house and connect the router to it.
- Turn on the RBK353 router and connect it to the modem.
- This action needs to be executed using an Ethernet cable.
- Place the Orbi satellite near the router, connect it to a socket, and power it up.
- The power LED located on it will soon become white.
- Sync the Netgear Orbi RBK353 to the satellite and hold on.
- The order in which you press the sync button does not matter that much.
- As soon as the networking devices sync, you need to log in.
2nd Part: User Interface Login
- Connect your laptop to the network of the RBK353 device.
- This can be done wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable, the choice is yours.
- Load an internet browser and ensure that it is clean from cache and cookies.
- Access the address bar and insert orbilogin.com or orbilogin.net.
- You can also use 192.168.1.1 to access the user interface of the Orbi RBK353 device.
- Once you hit Enter, the login portal will pop up.
- Now, you ought to fill in the admin login credentials.
- Do so and walk through the steps presented on the screen.
- Once the configuration process ends, change the location of the RBK353.
- Make sure that it is not kept near electronic devices and metal objects.
Upgrade Orbi RBK353 Mesh System Firmware
The minute the Orbi setup process is finished, upgrading the firmware becomes a necessity. This is so that the user can enjoy an improved performance of the device.
The following instructions will guide you to execute the Orbi firmware update process:
- Open another tab in the internet browser you are using and access orbilogin.com. Once the login window appears, put the user name and password to use.
- The BASIC Home screen or the main dashboard will display. Select Advanced. Once done, go to the Administration option and select Firmware Update.
- Soon the Firmware Update page will come into view. Click the Browse button. Now, you ought to choose the file that you downloaded.
- For your information, the file name of the firmware ends in .img. Click the Upload button and hold on for a few seconds. Do not mess around with the process.
The Netgear Orbi RBK353 firmware will finish getting upgraded to the latest version.Despite upgrading the firmware of your networking device, if you get stuck with technical issues, you can try the ultimate fix, which is, performing the Orbi factory reset process.
Reset Orbi RBK353 Mesh System Like This
See to it that you go through these steps very carefully to prevent facing technical issues.
- Find the reset button on your Orbi RBK353 mesh WiFi system.
- Once located, press it with the assistance of a paper clip.
- Do not even think of using the tip of a pen for this purpose.
- You need to continue holding the button for more than a minute.
- Then, let go of the reset button and set up the networking device.
Whether you want to use the manual method or the Orbi app for this, is your choice.