Netgear Orbi Firmware Update Failed?
Are you tired of facing the Netgear Orbi firmware update failed issue? Well, no need to worry! You have stumbled upon the right page giving detailed guidance on how to get success with the process of Orbi firmware upgrade.
If you are getting Netgear Orbi firmware update failed message, first reboot your WiFi network by turning off the Orbi router, satellite, modem, and PC. Once done, plug out all the devices from their respective wall outlets one by one and let them sit without power for a few seconds. Now, plug all the devices back into their outlets and power them up. Thereafter, try to update Orbi firmware and see if it works for you.
Still same? Well, there can be various reasons why you are getting an Orbi firmware update failed message. Right from following the wrong Orbi firmware upgrade process to the wired connectivity issue, there are a lot of reasons that can get you entangled in the fuss of the Orbi firmware upgrade failure message.
However, you can get the Orbi firmware update issues fixed without any hassle. Simply walk through the troubleshooting steps given below and learn how to update Orbi firmware in a snap.
Fix Orbi Firmware Update Issues
Check Your Internet Connection
You might be experiencing Orbi firmware update issues if your internet connection is slow or unstable. Thus, first ensure you are getting proper internet connectivity while uploading the latest firmware on your Orbi.
Avoid Background Processes
Orbi firmware update failed message can also bother you if you are running various background processes on your PC while updating your device. Thus, make sure that while you update Orbi firmware, no other process is being initiated on the device you are using for Orbi firmware upgrade.
Disable Proxy, Firewall, and Ad-blocking Software
Netgear Orbi firmware update issues can also occur if there are certain applications installed on your system like proxy software, firewall apps, and ad-blocking applications. To do away with the problem, you are suggested to disable such apps on temporary basis. This will perhaps help you do away with the Orbi firmware upgrade issues.
Ensure Orbi Firmware Update Compatibility
You may also get the Orbi firmware update failed error if the Orbi firmware version you are trying to update is not compatible to the Orbi model you have.
Thus, before you try to update Orbi firmware, make sure it matches the Orbi model you have.
These all are the steps you can execute to fix Netgear Orbi firmware update failed issue. If even after trying the steps given above, you can’t update Orbi firmware, then chances are you are not following a proper Orbi firmware upgrade process. In such a situation, navigate through the next section and learn how to update Netgear Orbi firmware.
Netgear Orbi Firmware Update
No matter which Orbi router model you have, Netgear brings new firmware updates to all Orbi models every now and then. However, to get them on your Orbi, you need to follow the proper firmware update process. There are various methods through which you can update Orbi firmware. Let’s give you a nudge of all the methods one by one.
How to Update Orbi Firmware Via Web Interface?
An Orbi’s web interface can be accessed via orbilogin. This is basically the dashboard of your Orbi, you get access to while configuring your device. Once you have access to the web interface of your Orbi, start following the steps below to get the latest Orbi firmware upgrade version.
Prior to that, make sure your Orbi is having access to a high-speed internet connection and is placed far from the devices emitting radio waves. Also, verify that the system you are using for the Orbi firmware update is not running any background process. Let’s now start.
- Download the latest Netgear Orbi firmware update on your computer from the official site. Keep in mind that you download Orbi firmware for both your router as well as satellite.
Note: Make sure you update Orbi firmware as per the model number of your Orbi. Also, be mindful that downloading and updating a wrong Orbi firmware update can put a stop at the working of your Orbi router as well as satellite.
- Once done with saving the latest Orbi firmware upgrade version on your device, unzip the file.
- Now, launch a web browser on your system and access orbilogin.com web address.
- You will be prompted to log in to your account.
- Do the same by entering your Orbi credentials into the given fields.
- Once you are able to see the web interface of your Orbi, go to the Advanced settings.
- Under the Administration option, you can locate the Firmware Update button.
- Clicking the option will reveal the firmware update page.
- You can now upload the file downloaded earlier to update Orbi firmware.
Note: It is recommended that to avoid any Netgear Orbi firmware upgrade failed issue, first upload the firmware on your satellite and then on your Orbi router.
- Once done, hit the Update button and let all the changes made to your device become effective.
- Your Orbi devices may take a bit longer to complete the firmware update process, so don’t be impatient.
You can check the status of the Orbi firmware update by accessing the Status page. This is how you can manually update Orbi firmware using the web interface of your device.
Although updating firmware is not that complex, still if you need any assistance while doing the process or stumble upon Netgear Orbi firmware update issues, feel free to contact our team of experts anytime you want.
How to Update Netgear Orbi Firmware Via Orbi App
You can also get Netgear Orbi firmware update using the Orbi app. Let’s outline the process in this section. Here we go.
- Make sure you have the Orbi app installed on your device.
- If not, download and install the app right away.
Quick Tip: To make you aware, the app is available on both Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Thus, you can get it from a store that is compatible with the smartphone you have.
- Launch the app on your device and access the dashboard of your Orbi by entering its admin details.
- Locate the Menu icon in the top-left corner of your device’s screen and tap Router Settings.
- Move ahead by scrolling down and hit the Check for Updates option.
- If instead of getting ‘Check for Updates’ option on your device’s screen, you come up with the Update Firmware option, it means a new firmware update is available for your Orbi.
- Hit the same and complete the Orbi firmware upgrade process by following the on-screen guidelines given further.
This is all about updating Netgear Orbi firmware using the app.
We hope walking through the page help you fix the Netgear Orbi firmware update failed issue resolved without any hassle. If you are getting still getting Netgear Orbi firmware upgrade issues while doing the process, consider contacting one of our seasoned experts for quick help.