Orbi Pink Light: Why Does It Appear and How to Fix It?
Pink is a beautiful color. But, the situation is not beautiful at all when it is being flashed on your Orbi router. Recently, many users have reported facing the Netgear Orbi pink light issue with their routers. If you too are somehow stuck with the same issue, then you can count on our support. This blog covers the reasons leading to the appearance of the pink light on your WiFi router as well as the troubleshooting tips to get rid of it. Read on.
Potential Reasons: Orbi Pink Light
Various reasons might force your Netgear Orbi router to flash the color pink. However, the internet issue from the end of your ISP’s end is the most possible cause behind the appearance of Orbi pink light. You can simply contact your ISP to get the internet issue fixed. However, if nothing is out of order from his end, then the reasons highlighted below might have staged the occurrence of the issue you are currently facing with your wireless router:
- Loose Ethernet connection between Orbi router and modem
- Improper sync between Orbi devices
- Outdated firmware of Orbi router
- Incorrect distance between your WiFi devices
- Minor bugs and errors
So, these were the potential reasons that lead to the emergence of the pink light issue with your Orbi router. Let’s talk about the fixes that can help you do away with the issue.
Solutions: Netgear Orbi Pink Light Issue
1) Strengthen the Ethernet Connection
Start troubleshooting the Netgear Orbi pink light issue by strengthening the Ethernet connection you’ve established between your router and modem. But, before doing so, find why the connection has become weak. Know that the Ethernet connection becomes loose in two scenarios.
Scenario 1: When the cable itself has cuts. In this case, you ought to replace the cable.
Scenario 2: If the cable doesn’t fit the ports of your WiFi devices (router and modem). Make the connection finger-tight to resolve the issue at hand.
2) Re-sync Your Orbi Devices
If making amendments to the Ethernet connection between the router and modem doesn’t bear any fruit, then consider re-syncing your Orbi router and satellite. Perhaps, your devices didn’t sync properly during the setup procedure due to which you are experiencing the Orbi pink light issue. You can re-sync your Orbi devices with the help of the following steps:
- Ensure that enough power is being supplied to your Orbi devices.
- Push the button labeled Sync on your WiFi router.
- After a few seconds, find and press the Sync button on your Orbi satellites too.
3) Update the Orbi Firmware
Updating the firmware via the orbilogin.com setup wizard can also help you fix the issue. It is because the firmware houses all the instructions that run your router. A new version of firmware is introduced so that you do not need to buy a new router to get access to the latest technologies. Here’s how you can access the dashboard of your router and update it.
- Firstly, access the orbilogin.net URL and log in to your WiFi router.
- As soon as the dashboard of the Orbi device shows up, click Advanced.
- Click Administration in the next step and select Firmware Update.
- Your router will detect the latest firmware update.
- Go through the instructions appearing on the Orbi’s dashboard.
4) Make the Router-Modem Distance Proper
When we highlighted the inappropriate distance between WiFi devices as the reason behind the Orbi pink light issue, we meant that they are either placed too far or too close. While deciding the distance between your devices, you need to take care of the following things:
- Your WiFi devices must not be present in two different corners of your house.
- Maintain a clear line of sight between your devices but do not make the distance zero.
- There should not be any WiFi interference creating factors between your devices.
- The location of your devices must be well-ventilated.
5) Reboot Your Orbi Router
If none of the aforementioned solutions have helped you in resolving the Orbi pink light issue, then minor bugs and errors might have plotted all this. Thus, you need to get rid of them to do away with the problem you are facing. For this, we suggest you reboot the Orbi device. The following instructions will help you with the rebooting procedure:
- Shut down your Orbi by hitting the Power button.
- Unplug it.
- Wait for a few moments.
- Re-plug the Orbi.
- Press the Power button and let your Orbi regain a stable power supply.
To Say It All
Now, it is time to wrap up the post written regarding the Orbi pink light problem. Here, you learned how right from the loose Ethernet connection to technical glitches can force your Orbi to flash pink. You also learned various troubleshooting tips to get the issue resolved. We are hopeful that you gained a lot of knowledge about the pink light on your Orbi after reading this post and will be able to fix it. However, if you are still struggling to change your luck, contact our experts. There are two benefits of doing so:
- You will get personalized assistance to fix the Orbi pink light problem.
- They’ll also provide you with advanced techniques to avoid the issue from occurring in the future.